How to quickly modify your Sonetics wireless headset to accept a direct-wire portable radio or other direct-wire device.
When connecting your direct wire radio or device to your Sonetics APX 3-Series Headsets, you will need the following:
- Portable Radio
- Portable Radio Adapter Cable
- Sonetics Screwdriver
- Place the handle of the Sonetics Screwdriver between the rigid headband and left ear dome. Use your other hand to press down on the headband until it pops off the dome.
- Peel back the ruggedizer, slide it off the boom mic, and set the headset aside.
- On the inside of the ruggedizer is a molded outline for the direct wire door. Fold the ruggedizer so the outline is folded in half and the lines match up with each other.
- Snip along the folded lines with the tip of the scissors to make an access point with the scissors.
- Unfold the ruggedizer and starting at the snipped section, cut along the molded outline until the section can be removed and discarded.
- Put the ruggedizer back on the dome by placing the lower hole through the boom mic and sliding the ruggedizer into place on the dome. Check that the new cutout on the backside is over the direct wire door.
- Align the headband to the center of the dome and snap in place.
- Take the Sonetics screwdriver to pry the direct wire door open.
- Take the adapter cable and plug it inside the wire door opening and use the screwdriver to tighten the screw and secure the plug in place. Secure tightly to keep the connector waterproof.
- Connect the other end of the adapter into the radio.
- Refer to your manual or check with your dealer as you may need to make some programming adjustments to your radio.
- Set the volume on your radio, then set your radio transmit, and you’re ready to go!